When you buy an air conditioner, most of the time you have one thing on your mind: I want to keep my house cool! How much an air conditioner will affect your monthly energy bill often comes as an afterthought. Avoid a nasty surprise by investing in a high efficiency air conditioner. Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER is a common efficiency rating used for air conditioning units. The higher the, number the higher the efficiency; the higher the efficiency the less money you spend in the long run.
We use York air conditioners, as the have high SEERs, run quietly, and offer top quality. York has two lines of air conditioner units to choose from based on your home's needs as well as your price point.
All of York's units offer:
- Premium, split system cooling technology
- Ultra quiet operation
- Energy savings with high-efficiency, space-saving units
- Built-in safety controls and protections for added peace of mind
Learn more about York's different air conditioning units here
Alright, here are the numbers!
Air conditioning units are rated in tons and are sized to the square footage (sqft) of your home.
Here's a rough scale:
Up to 900sqft - 1.5 tons
Up to 1200sqft - 2 tons
Up to 1500sqft - 2.5 tons
Up to 1800sqft - 3 tons
Up to 2100sqft - 3.5 tons
Up to 2400 sqft - 4 tons
There are no 4.5 ton units
Up to 3000sqft - 5 ton units
York carries two levels of air conditioners; the LX Series and the Affinity Series. You can preview them here.
The LX Series is a popular line that is straight forward and simple, an excellent single stage compressor and a durable finish. It comes in 13 and 14 SEER and features a smaller footprint and low noise (76b) with it's improved fan design. Check them out here.
The Affinity Series is the top tier air conditioner with a 2 stage (depending on size) compressor and a rugged exterior that can stand up better with finish 33% more durable than conventional powder-paint finishes. It also has superior sound reduction with it's Advanced QuietDrive™ Sound Reduction system includes swept wing fan, sound enclosure and composite base. Check them out here.
Here are the numbers you're looking for!
[sqft less than]
18 SEER Affinity SeriesCZH Air Conditioner
16 SEER Affinity SeriesCZF Air Conditioner
14 SEER LX SeriesYCE Air Conditioner
13 SEER LX SeriesYCD Air Conditioner
|900sqft - 1.5 tons||Starting at $4,760.00||Starting at $3,787.00||Starting at $3,101.00||Starting at $2,729.00|
|1200sqft - 2 tons||Starting at $4,760.00||Starting at $3,787.00||Starting at $3,176.00||Starting at $2,771.00|
|1500sqft - 2.5 tons||Starting at $5,268.00||Starting at $3,950.00||Starting at $3,315.00||Starting at $2,862.00|
|1800sqft - 3 tons||Starting at $5,268.00||Starting at $4,037.00||Starting at $3,447.00||Starting at $3,100.00|
|2100sqft - 3.5 tons||Starting at $5,672.00||Starting at $4,411.00||Starting at $3,720.00||Starting at $3,354.00|
|2400 sqft - 4 tons||Starting at $5,708.00||Starting at $4,899.00||Starting at $3,976.00||Starting at $3,522.00|
|3000sqft - 5 ton units||Starting at $6,037.00||Starting at $5,306.00||Starting at $4,381.00||Starting at $3,849.00|
So why "Starting at"?
There are a few reasons your air conditioning install may cost more than a base price. We think it only fair that you're aware.
Here are some factors that could affect the price of your a/c installation.
- Your basement is finished. If we need to fish any electrical or refrigerant lines through, above or around finished spaces it costs us more in time.
- Your electrical panel isn't located in the mechanical room. We need to run line voltage to the unit, if the electrical panel isn't easily accessible, it could cost more in time.
- Your electrical panel has no more room on it for breakers. Adding a sub panel will cost time and material.
Information to have ready when you call for a quote!
- Your homes square footage. This way we can pick the right unit for you.
- Choose if you want to unit mounted to the foundation or on a sidewalk pad. It's mostly preference, but if it's off the ground it's gong to stay cleaner longer.
- What make your breaker panel is. This way we know what breaker to bring.
- If your basement is finished AND if the air conditioner is going to be located where we have to run lines through that finished space. If not, no extra cost!
- Your email, so we can send you the quote.